- Increase traffic\engagement by 25% in 3 months
- Los Angeles, CA
18 years in digital marketing working with the world’s most celebrated brands: Intel, MGM, Toyota, AT&T, Yahoo!, Fiji Water, Sony, Skype
Recently named the #4 top Woman in Tech speaker, http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/10/27/the-100-tech-business-women-speakers-you-need-at-your-next-event/
I'm proud to be of service for your content strategy, content architecture, governance, copy, digital marketing, SEO, SEM and CMS planning needs.
Suzanne Baran is an industry-leading Content Marketing Expert and Content Strategist. During her 18-year career, she has driven digital strategy for the world’s most beloved brands such as Yahoo!, AT&T, Intel, Toyota, Cisco, Scottrade, DirecTV, POM Wonderful, Teleflora, FIJI Water, Sony, and other Fortune 500 and 100 companies. She helps brands become better, more efficient publishers.
Some of her career highlights include managing and programming content for an audience of 189 million unique visitors per month worldwide for Yahoo's homepage. She exceeded impression totals for Yahoo’s TV property to 18mil in three weeks. The advertiser required 12mil and pitched content which Suzanne knew would not appeal to broad audiences. She devised a new strategy with two content packages which garnered 500,000 clicks per second.
At AT&T Advertising Solutions, she created and implemented the first content marketing plan across five digital platforms. She managed vendor relationships, made SEO, editorial and strategic recommendations on a shoestring budget. The audience has grown from 3,000 PVs daily to nearly 500K.
During her tenure at California Psychics, a leading advice service ($33 mil in revenue) she spearheaded and managed the entire content marketing strategy. Her efforts in migrating content from a homegrown CMS to WordPress, and redesigning the newsletter and processes/workflows, hiring new staff, freelancers and providing content pillars paid off.
She quadrupled blog traffic from 80K UVs per month to 500K UVs per week. Newsletter open rates increased from 2% to 8% for 3.5 million subscribers. Click through rates skyrocketed from 34% to 74-95% inside of one year. New customer referrals increased weekly from 50K to 400K.
An avid enthusiast, Suzanne recently went skydiving in Santa Barbara. She’s also an amateur bodybuilder who has shared workout equipment with Arnold Schwarzenegger at the Mecca – Gold’s Gym in Venice Beach. In her spare time, Suzanne enjoys swimming in the ocean with her Goldendoodle and learning new French phrases.
Nationstar Mortgage, AT&T, MGM Grand, Intel, Cisco, Fiji Water, POM Wonderful, Yahoo!, Sony, Skype, Scottrade, SoCalGas, Toyota, California Psychics, FOX, Loma Linda Medical, Kaiser Permanente, The Hollywood Reporter, Capital Group (and much more…)
• Keynote speaker at Information Development World in Silicon Valley on Herding Cats: Digital Governance, May 2017
• Keynote speaker for Multiple Listings Services on How to Get Leads via Social Marketing, March 2017
• Innovation Enterprise Speaker and Panelist, December 2016
• Two-time panelist at the Digital Growth Summit hosted by Microsoft 2014
• Digital Entertainment World 2014
• Guest presenter for Women In Technology’s 25th-anniversary summit – on Blogging for ROI. 2013
• General Assembly host and seminar co-leader on “Blogging for ROI.” 2013
• Content Matters on Brand Newsrooms
• American Express Open Forum “3 Must-Have Traits of a Content Marketing Leader”
• HubSpot’s “15 Smart Marketers Share Insights on the Future of the Industry”
• Content Hero, UK: “Top 40 Marketers in the World”
• AdKnowledge: “23 Trendsetting Marketers”
• Contently Magazine “Why Content Should Always Align with Brand Sales Goals.”
My columns and clips:
• Yahoo! Music
• CMS Connected
• The Hollywood Reporter
• Internet World
• Ticker Magazine
• Inside Market Data
• The Big Takeover
Copyediting at New York University
2000 – 2001 New York, NY
Coursework toward earning Master’s Degree
Communications & Journalism at Yeshiva University
8/94 – 5/98 New York, NY
English Honors Society, Fencing team, Cultural Arts Editor of The Observer
Mobile Content Strategy, Duo Consulting